Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Full Disclosure

Hey,

I am required due to my new situation to write this post. I technically should have written this before my $40 game post but I didn't.

Some things have changed since I last was writing in my blog regularly. First off I graduated college with an Entrepreneurship Major and a field specialization in Telecommunications from Indiana University. The biggest change, and the only one anyone reading this probably cares about, is that I got a job in the video game industry working as a production coordinator at Electronic Arts. Because of this I have to say, everything I write in my blog is MY opinion and is in no way supported by Electronic Arts. There now that's done.

It true when people say "it is not what you know but who you know". A friend of mine who I had only met a couple of time got me my interview and put my resume in front of the right people. I'll talk more about my entrance into the video game industry in a later post if I get bored or someone actually reads my blog and asks.

I am part of the new group called EA 2D. We just released our first game Dragon Age: Journeys a little over a month ago. It is a classic RPG adventure with a tactical combat system similar to Heroes of Might and Magic (so I have been told but I have never played that series). I was only part of the project for the last couple of months of production but I got to help a lot with the game and learn a lot about game production in a very short amount of time.

I will talk more about the production and the team of DAJ more in later posts. First, I need to learn what I am allowed to talk about and what not to. Not that anyone reads my blog anyways.

I also am working on another game that I'm not sure if I'm allowed to announce. It is a very small team at the moment and I am the only producer on the project which is very exciting and terrifying all at once. Hopefully I'll be able to talk more about it later.

That's all for now.

Cyaz

No comments: